Friday, April 15, 2011

The Wet Gang!!




I had two stories to share today before 9 AM! First was my attempt at breakfast today. Now most of you know that I am not a good cook - I try but it just doesn't seem to work out for me. We were told that Danni loves oatmeal - we don't so I wasn't sure how to make it since I couldn't find the "maple brown sugar instant oatmeal packs" in the store where all you do is boil water and add the pre measured packet!! We found what we thought looked like instant oatmeal in the store but it still needed to be cooked for 7 minutes. I did my best but it looked horrible and to me tasted horrible. Danni eats everything that you give him....except my oatmeal. He took a bite and spit it out, pushed the bowl away and said NO NO!! He had a weird look on his face for a couple of minutes. :) I guess we are sticking to eggs, bread and cereal for breakfast! I am a pro at cooked rice though...good thing as it is his favorite!! Second is Danni's addiction to the iPod ALREADY! We always watch Dora every morning so when he grabbed the iPod I told him no we are watching Dora. He and I cuddled up in my bed and started to watch TV. Every couple of minutes he would stick his head under the blankets and giggle. He likes to hide so I just let this continue. This went on for the whole show when I finally thought "what is he doing down there" and when I pulled the covers back he had the iPod in bed and was playing a game!! What a stinker!! He looked at me with his big brown eyes and just smiled!! Emma slept in today since she didn't have school so when I told her what he did her only comment was "That's my boy!".

We decided to head out and try bowling late Friday afternoon. It is crazy here on Friday's but thought it would be fun to go out. Well......there was an hour wait and the bowling alley is a hang out for 10 to 12 year olds! Emma of course informed Hayden of the arcade and we spent an hour there. That is the hang out for teens! Real fun night!! We headed out to get a cab home and it was raining. So everyone was waiting for a taxi!!! We tried for a few minutes and decided to start walking! We went to Megamaxi which is a few blocks away because there is always cabs waiting there. Well not tonight!! There must of been 10 people waiting in line. So we kept walking towards home in the rain! Danni was laughing and enjoyed getting wet. He kept yelling "Agua, Agua!!" Emma on the other hand was....well we all know she was complaining!!! :) That is our Emma. I think our walk in the rain was a little over a mile. So the lead picture is everyone all wet. The other pic is the "children" playing video games!! Have a great weekend everyone! Mari