Thursday, April 28, 2011

My $53 dollar haircut!





That's right! I have been itching to get my haircut so I went to this fancy place in the mall. I was a little nervous as I don't have the typical hair cut of Ecuador. There was a man who spoke English so I told him to basically cut it the same style - just a trim. He explained this to the hairdresser, told me it would be $33 and off we went! Danni and Emma are with me and they are pretty good at first but then Emma got ants in her pants and was making the chairs go up and snooping all over so of course Danni had to start up. He blow drys my hair and then starts talking to me in Spanish - I have a blank look on my face so he starts to gesture like can he style my hair. I say Si, please style my hair. He had a really hard time trying to style it. He had to spray water on it a few times and try again! Finally he put some hair spray in and looked at me. It was fine...not his best work I am sure but the haircut was perfect and it was time to get Emma and Danni out of there. The extra style he did cost me $20!! I was going to bring Hayden home sushi for lunch but I didn't even have enough to get Taco Bell!!

We leave tomorrow for Papallacta so I started to gather our clothes. Danni was curious about his swim suit. Not sure he has ever wore one before. I did get him to put it on but he started to cry and took it off. He thought the goggles were fun! Emma put her suit on to see if he would put his back on. He did but again started to cry and took it off! He loves showers so I am thinking once he sees the pools of water he will put that suit right on no problem!!!

We are not going to take our computers with - we are going be "unplugged" until Monday afternoon. We are not sure if there is even internet there but we are all taking a break from computers!!! Look for our next update on Monday night!

Have a great weekend!! Chow!!

Mari and Hayden who is sitting next to me whining as to why I don't include his name.

PS Hayden says I love my wife!