Thursday, April 21, 2011

Almost the weekend!!




Well...I am being forced to write this but Hayden did again beat me bad at Scrabble! I guess I need to stop bragging about my wins!


Another quiet day. We took a leisurely stoll to Megamaxi this morning to get us groceries. I talked Emma into walking because there is a tiger painted VW Bug on the way. It sits out front an internet cafe. Her and I play the slug bug game all the time - when you see a VW Bug you get to hit the other person and say "Slug Bug". She wins all the time at home but there I am driving!! So we are playing here but you need to say the color of the slug bug in Spanish. Yeah, I am winning here!!! So we walk to this car and I take some pics of Emma posing by it and then Danni wants to pose too and I take his picture. It was sunny out and I had my sun glasses on so I didn't realize that it was in black and white. Hayden had changed the settings on the camera so I could take some night shots. So I guess we will have to walk again because you need to see the colors on this car! I so miss my walks that I would walk every day to Megamaxi but she just complains and complains. Danni doesn't say a word he just walks along.

Other than our walk to Megamaxi we stayed home. We had the Spanish/English tutor this afternoon. Tomorrow Hayden is only working until noon so we will all head out. We are going to try to find a few museums to check out.

Today at Megamaxi we bought white eggs. Typically eggs here are brown....I haven't seen white eggs until this week. Maybe it has something to do with Easter. So we bought white eggs and Danni kept saying NO, NO - he wanted the brown ones like he is used to. Emma wants to color Easter eggs but they don't have Easter egg dye kits here so we are going to try to color them with markers and stickers. It will be fun as I am sure Danni has never done this before.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Hayden works too hard and we get bored with out him! :) We are going to the zoo on Saturday which should be really fun. Just hope it is clear and not rainy as Emma has lost her rain jacket - I think it was left in a cab. We looked for a light weight jacket here and their coats are like winter coats! She has a warm coat here - just needs something lightweight to wear when it is raining. We will keep looking. Maybe I will just give her a garbage bag to wear! Just kidding. :)

Enjoy the weekend!! Mari