Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quiet Day










Hello everyone! Today was a pretty quiet day. We all slept in (except Hayden - he got up to work!!) to catch up from all the swimming. Danni and Emma slept 13 hours! WOW! I wish I could do that someday! Emma had to get back to her school work and since she missed Monday she had extra stuff to work on. She is almost through every thing that we brought from school. She has been done with her math for a couple of weeks so Hayden is pulling stuff off the internet. She is almost done with her last reading book and questions which I think only leaves spelling. She will have enough for each week until we leave. She does pretty good with Hayden as her teacher. They do frustrate each other now and then but they do okay. :) I know her and I wouldn't be able to accomplish what her and dad are doing. Emma and I clash big time when it comes to homework! She knows what buttons to push to quickly get me frustrated!!!

We walked down to Megamaxi today with a promise of ice-cream when we got there. It has been so sunny and warm that I have to get out and walk. Danni takes it like a trooper but Emma....well lets just leave it there. I have complained enough about how much she hates to walk! :) Emma fell on our walk too so she may not be so easily convinced to do it again. We were crossing a street and we had the right away but a truck that was stopped started to move right when we were in front of it. He couldn't of went any where but 2 feet so I think he did it on purpose. Any way it scared Emma so she started run and wiped out on the gravel. She is scraped up on the elbow and knees (through pants) and I am sure her rear end will have a nice bruise!! She was crying and Danni kept saying owie, owie and trying to touch her messed up elbow which of course made Emma cry more!! Oh the drama with a 10 year old! We eventually got to Megamaxi and they have a KFC Krusher's restaurant which is just ice-cream. Getting change here is very interesting. A couple of times we have been asked to "come back" and get our change in 30 minutes. Well my change for the ice-cream was $2.02. She gave me a roll of nickels and 2 cents!! I asked for dollars and she said no!! Emma thought that was hilarious!!! I traded it at Megamaxi for two ones. Emma thought I should pay the taxi with the roll of nickels but that probably wouldn't of made him very happy either!!

We ended our afternoon with Spanish and English. The teacher, Lizbeth is her name, is a wonderful woman. She brings so much stuff and leaves it for us to use. Games, paint, paper, toys, books...you name it we are borrowing it from her! I told her today she is going to have to rent a truck to get it all home when we leave!! Emma and Danni are both doing well with her. She does a fabulous job!! SO MUCH PATIENCE!! :)

I have added more pictures from the weekend. It truly was a wonderful trip! I also have one picture of Emma doing her Spanish and one of Danni playing. He likes to take some blankets and make a little "fort" and then play under it! It is so cute! He will love that cubby hole that we have at home to play in.

That is it for today! We are 5 days into our 15 day wait. Pray that the judge decides to complete our paper work early - even a day a two would be awesome.

Chow! Mari