Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that read my blog! I hope you had a wonderful day!!

My day was pretty good...I didn't get my normal breakfast in bed this year. Actually I had to make breakfast twice this AM. It didn't matter as I got the best Mother's Day gift ever - I have my husband Hayden, daughter Emma and my beautiful yet silly new son Daniel. Emma and Danni made me a card with the help of the tutor. Hayden wanted to buy me roses but the joke here is that roses are so cheap that it is kind of insulting giving them to your wife or girlfriend!! You can buy a couple dozen roses for a couple of bucks!! We are going to Centro Historico tomorrow so I want a bunch of fresh cut flowers from there. They are very unique flowers and very beautiful!

Michelle got in last night around mid-night and then we sat up and talked until 2 AM so we were pretty tired this morning but we did manage to get out the door by 11. We walked down to Parque Carolina to show her our usual Sunday outing. She loved it! Danni and Emma of course rode the horses. We walked around the whole park and she even ate a little local food. She is very adventurous!! I still haven't ate anything at the park!! Emma was a great host today. She was telling Michelle everything about the park, Quito, places we have visited, the best ice-cream shops, etc. Hayden looked at her and said "you were actually paying attention this whole time!". :) Danni loves Michelle already! He wont leave her alone.

Everyone have a great night!

Chow! Mari