Saturday, May 14, 2011

Otavalo Market...again!!







This is the best place ever to shop. It is so colorful and alive! We had a great day of shopping. We actually had to leave because we spent all our money!!! Michelle loved it. It is just a must do when visiting Ecuador. We had great weather too...sun all day! We found some really fun winter hats for Danni and Emma. Last time we tried to get Danni to try hats on and he refused and then started to cry. This time he wanted to try on every hat on the table and then look at himself in the mirror!! He is such a crackup! We got lots of stuff...our backpacks were over flowing!! We are all tired though as we started at 7:30 AM and got home at 4 PM. Tonight we are all half asleep. I knew I had to get my blog wrote or my mom would be calling me tomorrow AM wondering what was up!!! :)

Oh yeah, we took a different driver this time and he didn't go through the little town that has the biscuit factory. He route was faster. No biggie.....we can get them here in Quito. They are just so fresh when you get them at the factory. Our driver was the same guy as yesterday when Emma got sick out the window! The first thing he asked was how Emma was feeling!! He is a nice man. His name is Carlos. He drove us back and forth to the orphanage the very first week we were here. He also took us to Papallacta which we are planning to visit again next week. His car is a tight squeeze for 5 people and him but we trust him, he is very reliable and a great guy.

I don't have much else today. I am tuckered out from a warm day in the sun! By the way...we heard it was only 40 today in St Cloud for the fishing opener!! I really enjoyed our 70's and light breeze!!! :) I just hope that summer finally arrives once we get home. Hayden has been talking about getting the boat out for the past couple of weeks!! He won't be happy if it is only in the 40's!!

Enjoy the weekend!! Mari

I will add more pictures tomorrow. Michelle took 172 pictures so I will go through them tomorrow and post some more.